Friday, December 15, 2006

Wind Storm

Talk about nasty weather! Last night it was cold, raining hard, and the wind blew up to 70 miles an hour. Windows were blown out of buildings, bricks were blown off buildings, major bridges were closed as waved washed over them, tall Douglas Fir trees fell on cars and homes (at least one person died). The power is still out for over 1 million people. It was out on Concourse A at the airport. Planes couldn't land. The only problem I had was being out of flour and wanting to bake my Christmas cookies; didn't want to go out in the storm to go to the store. Things are calm this morning, so hopefully cookie baking can happen tonight. Check out my recipes on this blog. I'll add more later. They are the best that I've collected in the last half century.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the cookie baking! Your recipes look wonderful.

    I'm glad everybody there was safe after the windstorm.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    By the way, I tried to comment with my Blogger account and it wouldn't let me even though the comment screen says "you can also use your Blogger account." I have read it's a glitch with the new Blogger.

    Carm
    http://thecoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete