Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Grammy's BLOG: Welcome to Grammy's BLOG

Grammy's BLOG: Welcome to Grammy's BLOG

Wow! What a windy day! We had a tsunami warning in the morning and I work right on the edge of Puget Sound. The warning passes and I stayed till the afternoon. Stopped by a local restaurant to get a sandwich and their power was out. The wind had picked up big time. I went into a coffee shop on the corner and just after I entered, a huge pane of glass fell from an upper floor onto the sidewalk. Then another one fell! I was scared to go outside, so had a cup of coffee and watched the gale blowing cars from side to side, bending a huge fir tree, and saw the ambulances and fire trucks roaring around town. I'm home now. Hope the sheep, horses, goats, chickens, ducks, and peacocks are well.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Hi Grammy! Thanks for posting a comment on my "NEW BABY!" Blog :) Sounds like you had a heck of a time there. Hope you're all safe and sound now. Take care!
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 PM

    We had a tsunami warning in Vancouver this morning too...what the heck is going on, on the west coast today? By the way, neat blog, i'll visit again soon.

    Michelle

    PS- your comments are always welcome on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Wow, such extreme weather you're experiencing! Such a contrast from the mild desert weather in Arizona. I hope you are all keeping safe up there!

    ReplyDelete